I’m a podcast producer, showrunner and consultant based in the Los Angeles area.
For over a decade, I’ve produced scripted fiction, variety, storytelling, comedy, advice, and interview shows for NPR, Stitcher, Earwolf, Spotify, Team Coco, KCRW, Wondery, Vote.org & Spread the Vote, and Maximum Fun.
I love both development and the day-to-day production of creative, thoughtful, and ambitious programming, and I especially enjoy working with talented hosts and creators who are new to audio. I do a lot of work with comedians, actors and comedy writers. My mission is to make smart audio that makes the world a bit better.
My roles and projects include:
- Founding producer and showrunner, Stitcher’s LeVar Burton Reads
- Producer with Maximum Fun, KCRW’s The Pee-wee Herman Radio Hour
- Senior Producer, Spotify’s An Oral History of The Office
- Development and Production, Vote! The Podcast (Vote.org & Spread the Vote)
- Producer, NPR’s Bullseye with Jesse Thorn
- Founding Producer, Maximum Fun’s Judge John Hodgman
- Producer, Wondery’s FOUND Podcast
- Producer, Team Coco’s Inside Conan
- Producer, Maximum Fun’s Bubble
- Consulting Producer, Team Coco & Luminary’s Smartr
- Contributing Producer, Pop-Up Magazine (with stories with LeVar Burton, Aparna Nancherla, Yassir Lester and Botnik Labs)
I’d love to hear from you. I’m always interested in new development, production and consulting projects. Email me at julia.ma.smith @ gmail.